our family, our food, our fun

Friday, January 29, 2010

order from chaos- challah bread


I am always amazed when I take a few random ingredients and turn them into something beautiful. I have remembered to take pictures of more things that I make and am regularly shocked at the food I make. Not because it is so incredible but because these meals started from 5-20 ingredients and then they morphed into a finished product that we can all eat and enjoy.

When I heard about the earthquake in Haiti, I was making Challah bread. I instantly had visions of working around the clock to send hundreds of Challah loaves to Haiti! Of course, the need is too great for my little loaves of Challah bread to make a difference (and it would have taken weeks!) Then I realized every little bit counts. I didn't make Challah bread for Haiti but I did hurry to make my donation. I was reminded at that moment of the interconnectedness of the human family. The spirit that drives us to be concerned for strangers. I am not usually into being all philosophical but in case we have an earthquake tonight and the hill of houses above me falls down on my home- I want you to know that I love you. My family and friends, you are the pieces of my life that make it rich.


Here is Adrick- one of our guests for Greek Night (see post below)
And here is Adrick and the girls. Go do something ALL GOOD! HAHAHAHAHA!!

2 comments:

Laney said...

That's a beautiful loaf. Seriously impressed!

sallgood said...

That looks so yum!
Being creative feeds the soul... (And in your case, the whole family and a lot of friends too!!)