our family, our food, our fun

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yum, guinea pig.


My dear friend Cindy just had a baby last week. I wanted to bring her dinner so here is our text conversation...

Me: "I am making Moroccan Chicken for dinner tomorrow. Have you heard of B'stillas? If not, I won't make you the guinea pig- I have had them before but never made them."

Cindy: "I am so excited for your dinner. I have never had guinea pig but did see it in Ecuador and was a little freaked out. I'm glad you are coming over tomorrow."

She seriously spent 24 hours thinking I was bringing her guinea pig for dinner. The best part about Cindy though is that she would have eaten it to make me feel good. Thanks Cindy!

4 comments:

Jason and Wendy Pynn said...

Oh my gosh - that is too funny. I love how your friend was still so open to the idea... :) My brother ate guinea pig soup once (funny enough, he was in Ecuador too). The poor little creature was literally floating around in his soup bowl - among random pieces of hair.

sallgood said...

Kim, you are a fabulous cook, but the thought of YOU cooking guinea pig is hilarious!

Amber H. said...

Ha ha, that is too awesome!

Bridget said...

What a gal. And so willing to try anything you brought. Fabulous!