our family, our food, our fun

Friday, January 1, 2010

grateful everyday in 2010

My friend Anna gave me a great idea- she is writing 3 things she is grateful for everyday. Isn't that a nice New Years resolution? I don't think I have the mind juice to write on the blog everyday but will commit to a weekly list of 10 (or more). So here are my twelve from the last week.

In no particular order...
1. The Hoover Dam- A site to behold.
2. JMA- love you man.
3. My kid's eyelashes- the one thing ALL of them got from Jared.
4. My family- Thanks for staying with me all these years, for being my people.
5. My in-laws- Just plain thanks!
6. allrecipes.com- nuf said.
7. nieniedialogues.blogspot.com- for the weekly tear ritual, I think you are amazing.
8. The Hunger Games books- I'm rootin' for ya Peeta! (new book September 2010- can't wait!)
9. Pajama days with the kids- few things beat that.
10. Dark, rainy days. I love dark rainy days so very much.
11. My kids- Peapods baby laugh, Rebs triple chin smile, MJ likes to debate just to prove she is right (though she never is, I love it!) Dee is every parents dream, she is near perfect in every way.
12. A clean house- it happens so rarely but it is a thing of beauty. I am sitting in one right now.

What are some of yours?
HAPPY 2010!

5 comments:

sallgood said...

I'm grateful for my fab 5 kids and 4 great g-kids, my good man, the smell of the Christmas tree even after Christmas has been packed away, knees that work, sunset views, good books, time to be creative. And the best DIL ever!!!!!.... Just to name a few things!!! I'm going to keep our ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE poster going all year- it's such a great way to stay positive!! :D

Tom and Amy said...

I have to agree with you about the dark rainy days...for somereason I love them (if I don't have to run errands) and a clean house. A rare but oh so wonderful thing. Happy New years!

mindy said...

Good friends and awesome technology so that I can keep in contact with them so easily!! love you! happy 2010!

Rachel said...

Hi Kim,

what an awesome idea! I might have to borrow it!

My list, also in no particular order....

*My wonderful Matt, he's an amazing man, great cop, a fantastic husband, and my other half.
*My health.
*My family and friends.
*My job, its a blessing to have one these days.
*My gym
*My planner, I'm OCD with scheduling.

Happy 2010!

Coleman Family said...

Before you go private add me!!! carrie.n.coleman@gmail.com

I love the pajama days too! It's so wonderful to get all cozy with them and just relax!