our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blasted Spanish.

Jared has had to miss both Dee's and MJ's first days of school. He will miss "Back to School night", The first time on the bus for MJ, MJ's kindergarten assessment, Peapod's smile and laugh, and a host of other things. It isn't his fault. An entire country may want to purchase and implement the software his company developed. So, really, his only problem is being fluent in Spanish. If it wasn't for Spanish, we would still have him for all these things. This ode is titled, "Blasted Spanish"

Hola, Que tal? No muy bien
For Mexico stole my husband, Spanish is not my friend.
He travels and travels, to Monterrey and the like
Por todas partes el pais- yikes!
No hablo espanol, no pasaporte, no visas
No likey spices, or cabeza pieces.
Adios mi esposo, yo veo tu en Friday
We miss you so mucho- viva allgood our favorite padre!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, kim, that is talent!

A poem in TWO languages!!!

sallgood said...

How sad...
and how exciting!
YOU are a TROOPER! (And a bilingual poet too!) Jared is SERIOUSLY BLESSED to have you!

Jed and Kate said...

I just caught up on your blog...
1. I LOVE your odes. Awesome.
2. That dream catcher is the largest, most hideous rearview mirror ornament I have ever seen.
3. I can't believe you are officially an Allgood now! I'm glad you hung onto Buchanan though...I wish I would have kept Allgood in the mix.
4. Your pioneer FHE post is priceless.
5. Dee's first day totally had me in tears. I miss you guys!
6. Such a bummer Jared had to miss all that, but so excited for this opportunity he has.
Love you guys!
-Kate

mindy said...

hey, if he goes to monterrey again, tell me! we have really good freinds there. he's in the bishopric.