Okay- so is anyone else having a really hard time sending their kids away?
Dee celebrated (I anguished over) her first day of first grade! She wanted me to drive her on the first day and I did- but I assured her that it wouldn't be happening again. She seemed hesitant but eventually agreed. So, we got ready- she is wearing a hand-me-over dress from a neighbor that we didn't have to buy!!! (Thanks Macfarlanes- you'll be seeing more of your outfits in the coming weeks) So, here's to first grade!
Dee celebrated (I anguished over) her first day of first grade! She wanted me to drive her on the first day and I did- but I assured her that it wouldn't be happening again. She seemed hesitant but eventually agreed. So, we got ready- she is wearing a hand-me-over dress from a neighbor that we didn't have to buy!!! (Thanks Macfarlanes- you'll be seeing more of your outfits in the coming weeks) So, here's to first grade!


We just so happened to be behind the bus that Dee is going to be riding the rest of the year....doesn't it look like it is going to tip over? Okay, that's it....she doesn't have to ride the bus- I will take her and pick her up everyday!






7 comments:
She looked so happy to be off to 1st grade! I still have my 1st grader a few more weeks (if the teachers don't strike.) Did it seem like forever until she came home? Did she love eating lunch at school?
Lunch and art were her favorite parts of the day! And yes, I kept looking and looking at the clock. We all missed her very much. And she came home exhausted!
Ashley had Mrs. Marshall last year and she LOVED her. Kennedy will do great.
Seeing our kids grow up is hard to do, isn't it? You just want to protect them and follow them wherever they go! She looks excited though,that's a good thing! Emma's going into kindergarten - she won't be riding the school bus though because I transferred her to a different elementary school.
I cried when I sent Avery off last year for all day kindergarten. This year I was a little sad, but a lot better than last year. So cute.
Way to go Kennedy! You look so grown up, but not tooooo grown up!! I'm so glad to hear that you rode the bus, but I'm even more excited to hear that you have a good teacher who likes to do art with you! (And all the other good stuff too, like reading and math and science and dance and.....)
I Love you!, G-ma S
love the dress! ;)
I can't wait to hear how you are after kindergarten begins and you "lose" one more for half the day.
Post a Comment