our family, our food, our fun

Friday, August 14, 2009

Don't judge me by my Dream Catcher

The car the transmission company towed for us to drive back to Utah while they towed our minivan back (see winnefreakinmucca and winnefreakinmucca II) was a Subaru Outback turbo with leather. Very nice car. There were some minor details with the car that kinda bugged me though.

Problem 1: Dream Catcher
Problem 2: Dream Catcher's freaky face
Problem 3: Dolphin

Explanation for Problem 1: I don't understand the dream catcher. I recognize they play an important role in Native American Culture which I can totally get behind but as for the rest of us....they simply create a very large blind spot.

Explanation for Problem number 2: Besides said blind spot, imagine driving in a dark forest in the pouring down rain and then you get lost and don't have cell phone service and you have THIS hanging from you rearview mirror:

Is anyone feeling my pain here?

Explanation for Problem 3: The dolphin. The dolphin in and of itself wouldn't be a huge deal. But the idea of a bunch of hanging ornaments on the interior of the car seems a little creepy. That said, we did take the dolphin to many amazing places in Nevada- so many in fact that the camera battery ran out of before we made our big entrance into Utah.


Unfortunately, due to some scheduling conflicts, the dolphin couldn't be in all the amazing pictures of I-80...


Ode to Northeast Nevada...

1-80, 1-80 I love your flat roads
Your repetitive scenery, and your construction cones
Your speed limit really can't be beat
Except when my transmission blows and I'm stuck in the heat
Cause then I watch all the other cars go by
Envious that I can't give 75 another try
Oh I-80 several hours from anywhere
First Impression? Next time we'll fly by plane in the air!

1 comment:

sallgood said...

I think you and Jared should both have been wearing the 3-Wolf Shirts- they would go really well with the car decor! (Great poem too!)