our family, our food, our fun

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ahhh, cinnamon rolls!

I made a couple batches of homemade cinnamon rolls on Friday evening. I wish they were all for me but they weren't- they were for Jared and the young men for a post-basketball breakfast treat on Saturday morning. My house smelled like what I imagine heaven smells like. This week my ten + 2 has a theme. FOOD! What isn't about food at my house? Here we go.

1. Homemade cinnamon rolls, recipe HERE. *you can prepare them the night before and bake in the morning- it's awesome.
2. Meals for my family of 6 for under $5.00
3. Food at Thaifoon at the Gateway is way over priced but the food is delicious.
4. Carabbas- Our favorite Italian restaurant
5. El Mexiquense- an extremely delicious Mexican food hole in the wall.
6. Dessert for dinner (some people call it breakfast for dinner but whatever, it's dessert)
7. Formula for Peter- what did people do who weren't able to nurse or before the creation of formula?
8. Cough Drops- even though it's not food- they save me.
9. Leftovers you don't get sick of (even after 4 days)
10. Kodiak whole wheat pancake mix-you just add water to it!
11. Live the Life - I've lost 26.4 pounds and just recommitted myself to losing the rest. It includes meal plans, recipes, grocery lists, goal setting, weekly conference call, it is amazing. Let me know if you sign up for it- you can try it for 7 days for free! Oh, and I am NEVER hungry!
12. This isn't food but having a baby with eczema reminded me I need to do this again- HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT! Saves money and sensitive skin!

Sunny cold weather is my least favorite of the possible choices and that is pretty much all it has been lately. I practically have sun depression. But, hearing stories like THIS make me marvel at the strength of the human spirit! I need a dose of that every once in a while.

2 comments:

The Hexem Family said...

Oh my!!!

"Sunny cold weather is my least favorite of the possible choices and that is pretty much all it has been lately. I practically have sun depression."

That's totally me!! I hate sunny cold days with passion! We get lots of those every year here in Utah. I can't wait for the spring breezy mornings :)

Laney said...

I need more details on the "Live the Life" deal. Will you email me about it? I found that I have a hormonal issue and that's part of the reason I'm not losing weight. I've been working SO hard and am just stuck. I want something that is permanent, realistic and achievable. But also with specifics and guidelines that I can LIVE with, not just suffer through.