our family, our food, our fun

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolve!

Christmas has come and gone.And it is Resolution time! I feel like New Years Resolutions have become a thing of the past for most. Almost poisonous. Nobody likes to talk about them or set them. It is like we pretend they don't exist. My feelings on the issue....embrace the week after the first of January! Set all your goals with every intention of keeping them and let yourself have one amazing week! Having one great week a year is better than having Christmas turn to Valentines, turn to Presidents Day, turn to Easter turn to Mother's then Father's day- and so on.

Use the first week of January to re-set. To avoid the ten pound train wreck every year. Lose your Christmas weight the first week of January, write in your journal the first week of January, cut out sugar, workout everyday the first week of January, commit to be kinder to your kids this week, to be kinder to your spouse, to be a better friend. Even if it is only one week, you will be better for it.

Here are mine...
Read with my kids everyday!
Walk everyday, weather permitting. (a foggy day does not give me a pass)
No treats on weekdays
Work before play, everyday!
4 homemade healthy dinners each week (leftovers the other three nights)
Journal or blog once per week
Go on a weekly adventure with the kiddos to the Golden Gate Bridge OR
Tree climbing at Laurelwood Park
Or to the Ocean
Ah, adventures.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to go on some of those adventures when we come to visit.

Unknown said...

wait. what are you doing in Cali? What is happening? Tell us more! More pictures, too!

Kim Allgood said...

Sorry, Anna! I was writing a comment on your blog a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't send. I didn't have time to see it through and then I forgot about it. It explained everything. We decided to move our business out here to California. So we live in Belmont, CA. We love it! You should come see us!

sallgood said...

We had such a good time in CA with you, even if we didn't get to go the beach...:D

I'm working on my resolution of more MINDFUL LIVING. Like eating food that fuels a healthy body. Like spending time on stuff that matters. Like playing more. You get the idea.

Christi said...

Hi friend!! I love Janurary too! Whew, I thought I was the only one :). Love and miss you, looks like a blast!!