We decided to let the hermit crabs come out and play for a while.
This is Pedro telling himself to be quiet...

...and this is Pedro screaming as loud as he can right after he shhhh'shd himself.

Famous Spaghetti Sauce from Stephanie Allgood (not sure if she was the original author but she gets the credit on this blog!)
The other night we had a family of 8 over for dinner. If you add that to our family of 6, we have quite a large number to feed. (14 if you need help with the math). I wanted something easy that could be cooking while we were watching general conference but something that packed a flavor punch! We don't eat red meat hardly at all but this sauce is one of those things we surrendered to.
1/2 pound hot italian sausage
1/2 pound mild italian sausage
1 pound 90 percent or more- lean ground beef
*Brown in large skillet and set aside-reserve a small amount of grease or clean out the skillet and add olive oil and sautee:
1 large white or yellow onion- chopped
1/2 bell pepper- diced
5 stalks celery- chopped
*Cook until softened and add:
2 cups mushrooms- sliced
*Cook two more minutes and pour meat and vegetables into a very large stock pot. Sautee 5 minutes and add:
1 T. Basil
1 T. Oregano
1 T. Salt
2 tsp. Ground pepper
1 T. Parsley
*Cook on medium-high approximately 2 minutes and add:
1 large can (I think it's 24 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
1 number 10 can of tomato sauce (or smaller cans that equal 106 ounces!!!)
***optional***add 1 tsp red pepper flakes to sauce if you want to spice things up a bit.
Bring to Boil and then lower heat to simmer. Let simmer covered, stirring every 20 minutes for atleast 6-8 hours. Serve over thin spaghetti noodles and shake some parmesan or romano over the top.



2 comments:
Thank you. I needed help with the math.
You can credit me with throwing together this recipe (if you can call it that!) over 30 years ago. I usually include some garlic...and I mostly don't use bell peppers in mine- just depends if I have one on hand. Thanks for writing it down- I've never actually done that!!So I think it's now YOUR recipe! :D
Post a Comment