so i am starting off this little post with some cookies. a cookie recipe that will change your life. a cookie recipe that is perfect in every way i believe. proof that there is a God and he loves us evidenced in this cookie.


even peapod is getting in the cookie spirit and trying to take one for the team!
and a little post dessert dinner- this is our fav soup: african peanut chicken soup. it may not look super appetizing in this plastic container but it is muy rico!
recipe for soup:2 cans chicken broth
2 cans black beans
2 sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup salsa
1 onion, chopped
2-3 chicken breasts
1 or 2 cans diced green chiles
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2-2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cans chicken & rice soup
Saute the onion, green pepper & chicken until the chicken is cooked. Add broth & sweet potatoes , & salsa to the pan and cook until the sweet potatoes are soft. Add beans, green chiles, rice soup & peanut butter. Simmer and stir until heated through. *i always double this
off to arizona!
jared, the kiddos and I went to Arizona a couple of weeks ago for a long weekend. our excuse to go down there was that some friends of ours were getting married. but, the real reason was so we could swim, play with my parents, see my sister and her kids, and enjoy the dessert and orange blossom amazingness. it was a great time!
grandkids+nana and papa=serious fun
no adults allowed!
kim+jared=cutest kids ever x infinity
in my humble opinion the picture below should win an award.
cute little mj
easter weekend crazinessi am skipping two major parts of the weekend festivities and will revisit at a later date (soon). now i will focus on the true meaning of family time...
4 computers, one table. (7 computers, one house.)
now here is the for real true meaning of family time- reading the story of the resurrection in the scriptures.
easter baskets from the easter bunny!
it was snowy and windy and mass rainy and freezing cold easter morning, so we had to take the hunt inside. here is a great action shot of the hunt-
*i am not sure how i feel about mj's headband here but whatever.here are the eggs!



now you get my ten for the week (i really owe you 30) but ten for today so we can get to the hand surgeon appointment (more on that later) on time.i am thankful for...
the resurrection of our Savior
having a house full of family
easter festivities and traditions
a car that makes it to arizona and back
orange blossoms!
general conference
homemade baklava
the emergency room (and other modern medical technology)
weather.com
the desert after being in the snow
more soon, very soon.



7 comments:
Miss you guys already! Thanks for having us!
-Kate
SO I kept scrolling through waiting for that cookie recipe, and you never posted it! I want it! Can you e-mail it to me? Also, I'm so sad you guys were here and I didn't know! We have been up to Phoenix twice this past month and I'm sure one of the times you were here! Darn! Looks like you had a great trip though Ü
The Arizona pictures are FANTASTIC! Your kids are so crazy cute.
Thanks for hosting all of us for Easter! It was great fun. (Most parts of it anyway!)
And I'm so glad you love to cook, and chose that as a creative outlet instead of making paper flowers or something. :D
I love that it was mass rainy.
And MJ's headband. Priceless.
And yes, that cookie recipe, please??
I need to hear more about the ER and hand surgeon visit. Your post made me hungry. Please send the cookie recipe, cause I really need it =) I LOVE Pea's face in the picture with Jared. Let's get together soon!
Lots of fun Arizona memories for us to hold onto until we see you again! So much fun! Miss you all! Love, Mom
Post a Comment