I don't like cheap decorations. I don't really like orange and black together. I really don't like dressing up. I don't like violent raucous fights that break out over candy. I don't really like carving pumpkins. Come to think of it, I don't really like Halloween. The
only part I like about it is my kids smiles as they head out to go "trick-or-treating" and the confidence Dee has knowing she looks gorgeous. I love the twinkle in MJ's eyes when talking about her monkey noisemaker. I love that Rebs looks adorably innocent and sweet in her ladybug costume. I love that Peapod didn't need a costume this year because he had to be wrapped up in blankets while we walked from door to door. I loved the warm fall evening. I loved seeing our neighborhood streets filled with faces of children and their parents. I loved that we left a basket of candy on our front porch and we still had quite a bit leftover when we got home. I love that for all of the things I don't like- we always have a whole lot of good. Here is some of our good...
only part I like about it is my kids smiles as they head out to go "trick-or-treating" and the confidence Dee has knowing she looks gorgeous. I love the twinkle in MJ's eyes when talking about her monkey noisemaker. I love that Rebs looks adorably innocent and sweet in her ladybug costume. I love that Peapod didn't need a costume this year because he had to be wrapped up in blankets while we walked from door to door. I loved the warm fall evening. I loved seeing our neighborhood streets filled with faces of children and their parents. I loved that we left a basket of candy on our front porch and we still had quite a bit leftover when we got home. I love that for all of the things I don't like- we always have a whole lot of good. Here is some of our good...






From left- the "Puffs" tissue box, the ladybug, the robot, the gypsy, the zookeeper
Peapod- this kid makes me happy cry every day.














7 comments:
Such CUTE pictures!!! The pumpkin carving looked fun...the treat or treating looked fun...the preschool program looked fun...I think you're all having too much fun without us!!! :)
It's too bad little little PEA isn't a happy baby!!! :) SOOO ADORABLE!!
Hugs to you all,
Mom/Nana
orange and black are the most beautiful, harmonious colors in the world. Get with it, lady! ;)
Great pictures. And when did Pierre get so old?
Such darling pictures! I'm glad the kids had fun even if you don't like Halloween! Party pooper! ;)
but at least marketing somewhere has added purple and green to the halloween colors. that's nice.
What? you don't like Hallo-mean?? lol
It's a fun holiday. Why don't you like it?
The girls looked adorable. I was surprised to read that you still had candy left when you returned home. That's a shocker!!!!
Do you like Christmas? we wont be friends anymore if you say no. lol jk :P
Looks like everyone had a good time, in spite of the color scheme!
Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!!
You happy cry still? Oh, I am SO SORRY about your burn. It looks terrible. The dessert looks wonderful. Is it "Death By Chocolate"? I need to try the chicken recipe. It looks awesome! I'll try not to get burned, though.
Post a Comment