I just traveled up to Washington on Saturday morning to attend my cousin Tim's wedding. The kids (all 4 of them) are super sick and Jared was at the tail end of illness also. I hated leaving but flying into Seattle was my favorite airplane experience of all time. For the last several years, Jared and I have driven to Washington (and wherever we go) because flying 2, 3, or 4 kids around is too much headache and hassle and money. Flying in on Saturday it was partly cloudy, partly sunny, the leaves were all sorts of different colors. I felt like I was flying home. It is the first time since I have been married that I have flown to Washington and felt like I was home. I miss it a lot. I told Jared last night that I wanted to move back and he told me to ask his business partner, Jayson. So, Jayson here goes...can we move the company to Washington? A response in the affirmative would make me very happy.
I guess happiness isn't about where you live but who your friends are- but I think that is debatable. I think I could be happy in Washington even if we were surrounded by total losers. While I was there, of all the amazing things I could have photographed, I have a picture here of my cousin waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle and my other cousin's little girls dancing. That is all I got. No amazing scenery pictures, no pictures of the bride, no pictures of any other family members except one that turned out really dark. No pictures of the cool venue for the wedding. No pictures of Seattle. No pictures of my invalid mother-in-law who is recovering from knee surgery and has a cold! I will do a better job next week when we drive up there for Thanksgiving. Get well Stephanie!
I guess happiness isn't about where you live but who your friends are- but I think that is debatable. I think I could be happy in Washington even if we were surrounded by total losers. While I was there, of all the amazing things I could have photographed, I have a picture here of my cousin waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle and my other cousin's little girls dancing. That is all I got. No amazing scenery pictures, no pictures of the bride, no pictures of any other family members except one that turned out really dark. No pictures of the cool venue for the wedding. No pictures of Seattle. No pictures of my invalid mother-in-law who is recovering from knee surgery and has a cold! I will do a better job next week when we drive up there for Thanksgiving. Get well Stephanie!
Los Tres Amigos- from left: Great Aunt Marilyn, Great Uncle Dale, and my Grammy in a terribly taken photo!







10 comments:
Jayson, can you guys move the business to Washington? Please??
Kim, it was great to see you, ever if it was for only a short time!!
I'm feeling a bit better today! I even semi-walked down the stairs this am, and I was able to drive to the school to drop off my art stuff-Alison helped me with that part. So maybe by Thanksgiving I'll be mostly functional!
No moving to Washington. I will have none of this Washington talk!
And if you do move to Washington, Please take me with you!!!! lol
I'm obsessed with moving to Seattle. I just like it up there so much. I am always begging my husband to move there.
Jayson who served in the Mexico-Veracruz mission? yeah good luck with that one lol
I have very much the same sentiments when it comes to Sea-Town. I would absolutely support this move to WA...so, umm, Jayson, don't you and Michelle just LOVE the idea of moving the company to Washington? Pleeeease??? Then I wouldn't have to choose between seeing my adorable nieces & nephew and seeing my parents/hometown...I could get them all in one transcontinental flight!
-Kate
Wow...Jay was just a scapegoat so that I wouldn't have to actually get into a conversation about moving to Washington. Now I feel bad that he's been turned into the villain. For the record, we're not moving to Washington...anytime soon. :-)
have a lovely thanksgiving at home!! isn't flying by yourself just heaven???
I'm right there with you. Austin isn't the Pacific NW, but it's WAY better than Phoenix. *sigh* I miss Portland now... Have a great Thanksgiving!
Seattle is a great place. I loved my few years there.
Jayson, you would totally love moving the company to Arizona!!! It's beautiful, sunny and in the upper 70's!!! It ONLY rains in Seattle!!! :) I would babysit for your kids...help you find a place to live (prices are great right now)...and anything else you need...PLEASE!?!?!?!? Washington is a great place to be from...but NOT to live in!!! :) Sorry, Kim. Love, Mom
Thanks mom, I know you are always looking out for OUR best interest.
Love you!
Post a Comment