Well Dee turned 7! I used to always think when parents would say, "oh that makes me feel so old" that they were just making small talk. Well, now that I have a 7 year old in first grade- it makes me feel old. When I asked her a month ago what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said she wanted to go on a hike with her friends. So, we did! No princess party, no fairy themes here. No gymnastics or cooking. This 7 year old wanted to take her friends to do something that she loves to do. So, we took six 6 and 7 year olds plus our own kids plus one other and another couple, the Richards (THANK YOU!) up to the trail. We ended up getting on the wrong trail but it turned out perfectly. Afterward, we came back to our house for....

....and presents and ice cream. I was SHOCKED at how good the cookie-cake was. I will post more pictures tomorrow of the big day but I just wanted to comment that we had a FANTASTIC time! Happy Birthday Dee! We can't believe how big you are, how smart you are, how responsible you are, how healthy you are. We love you so very much...I love you so very much. Thank you for being one of my very best friends. -Mom
5 comments:
I can only hope that our Kennedy will want to do something as cool as go hiking for her 7th birthday! Sounds like you have a pretty awesome little girl :)
We REALLY wish we could have been there to celebrate and HIKE with you!! Such an awesome party idea!! I'm glad we go to talk to you on your birthday, but being there would have been so much more fun! We love you, G-ma Stephanie and G-pa Dave.
I'm sorry we missed it. Emmy would have loved to go, but we got the message late. Hope all is going well.
Sounds like so much fun! The picture of your cookie-cake isn't showing up, though :(
Miss you guys!!! And happy b-day again to my little cutie!!
-Kate
Wow, smart girl!
I was just thinking that maybe for Norah's birthday we should do something fun like that, I'm not sure she'll go for it but it's worth a try.
Oh, and you are totally invited to caravan.
Post a Comment