our family, our food, our fun

Saturday, September 19, 2009

B-Y-U

ODE to BYU

Max Hall, Max Hall, so far we have been impressed
Your game against Tulane was more than your best
Last year got ugly especially when playing U of U
But Coach Mendenhall and team we're glad you made it thru
A winning season you had indeed
But this season really is just what we need
To put Mountain West Conference onto the map
And make sure the BCS stops giving us cra_!!
So to BYU- hang on to the ball
Get out of the pocket and RUN MAX HALL!
WIN WIN WIN WIN is the last thing I'll say
Cheers to you BYU and have fun today!

Now for the record, know that I am not really THAT into college football but I AM into odes so since we are going to the first home game of the season today, I had to write a special ode to my friends on the BYU football team. I don't really have any friends on the team but I feel like I know them because of the guy who sits behind us yelling full paragraphs at each of the players. When someone has done something wrong he yells several consecutive paragraphs (it is almost like he thinks they can ACTUALLY hear him!) When they have done something right- we get a full history on all the players who made similar plays in the past 45 years. We love him. We haven't come up with a nickname for him yet but hopefully- if he is there this year- we will come up with one. I will keep you posted. Anyhow, GO BYU!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am speechless.

really.

An ode to Max Hall?

hmmm...

;)!

Kim Allgood said...

I know, I know- I was just in an ode writing kind of mood! I didn't even go to BYU but it came to me in the shower this morning and I couldn't resist putting it on the blog. I am starting a business called, "ODE FOR HIRE"- if you ever need my services, let me know. ;-) Psych.