our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

20 to go!

As a 30 year old mother of four who only weights 5 pounds less than I did full term pregnant with 4th that I had 4 months ago- I knew I needed to make a change. After 2 and a half weeks- I have lost 10 pounds, I feel fantastic, I feel strong and I only have 20 more pounds to go! ;-) Check out the video and click on the link to the website. It is a 12 week fitness/nutrition program. I am NEVER hungry and I don't need a gym membership. Let me know if you decide to try it out, then we can be accountable to eachother!

I tried to embed the video into my blog but for some reason it isn't working so check out the link and click on "success stories"

www.kristiapproved.com

4 comments:

Amber H. said...

So I went on there to check it out, but it says absolutely nothing about what the program is. I would love to hear more about it and what you are actually doing in the program, what kinds of food you are eating, what it entails, but everything I click on shows the same video over and over. It's great that the people are losing weight, but I need a little more info than just that. Thanks!

Kim Allgood said...

I was going through the website and noticed the same thing! I am glad you asked. It is 12 weeks of eating 6 meals/day-
so an example day is:
meal 1-protein shake with strawberries and a side of oatmeal
2-cream of wheat with canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla stevia mixed in to make a pumpkin pie cereal concoction and a cooked whole egg and one egg white
3- 1.5 ozs beef jerky and 1/2 orange, 2 TB skim milk, 4 sliced strawberries, 1 tsp crystal light, coconut extract and 5 icecubes- blend to make smoothie
4- 1 egg, 2egg whites scrambles, 2 corn tortillas- make egg tacos with laughing cow light cream cheese wedge spread over it
5. 1/3 cup cottage cheese, a few wheat thins, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. and a ranch dressing packet. Mix ranch drssing powder into cottage cheese a little at a time to taste- dip your veggies and crackers in it
6-Ezekiel brand pita pocket, 2 T. pizza sauce, some onion, some zucchini, 3 oz of chicken, 1 slice deli turkey, 2 TB pineapple tidbits, 2 TB mozzarella- make a little pizza and bake. All the recipes are listed in the book. They recommend you do 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of resistance training. There is a workout DVD that comes with the program. I don't do much cardio other than walking to and from the bus stop with little kids. ;-) Wow this is kind of a long response, feel free to email me- kimallgood@gmail.com if you want more info.

Coleman Family said...

Good job! And I soooo need to get my booty in better shape...and legs and tummy and...

martha corinna said...

Good for you Kim.

When they figure out how to tone my stomach without loosing the jiggle and fat in my derriere let me know:)

Seriously though, call me and tell me how you are doing all the time, it will make me want to be a little better at actually getting up and running in the morning.