It is Pioneer Day for Utah residents. Pioneer Day to Utahans is as big or bigger than the 4th of July to the rest of the country. I still can't quite wrap my head around that but, I can appreciate the pioneers and I think those men and women were at times, super human. Churning butter is not really my thing and I have always been put off at the idea of making ice cream. The Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker (the ICE-20 Series) is the cure all for people who hate ice cream salt and the hours of "ice cream bucket watch".
Here she is:

A batch of strawberry ice cream made last week in 35 minutes with an hour or so of freezing time.
Below is fat free chocolate frozen yogurt, mixing away in it's frozen mixing bowl paradise.

Speaking of paradise, this is my husband and it was his birthday yesterday. Happy belated birthday to Jared. We had a killer date.

We decided to go for a hike- it was 2 miles, uphill both ways, 3000 degrees and the sun beating at our backs for the first mile and in our faces the last. But, the work was very rewarding and it turned out to be beautiful. Of course, we had to finish our night by heading to a movie. X-Men seemed like the perfect end to a perfect afternoon. Surprisingly, it is the best movie I have seen in quite a while that wasn't about raw foods and government conspiracies that are causing obesity.
The Cuisinart Ice Cream maker is a good choice for someone who likes Ice Cream but prefers everything in homemade form (except Egg McMuffins- I know that is gross but my once or twice a year habit has to be the real thing). In fact, I just finished homemade chocolate frozen yogurt and it is a keeper.
Love,
Kim
P.S. Happy Birthday To Stephanie! You share a birthday with Pioneer Day. If you lived here, people would be throwing some raucous parties for you! Thanks for being a great mother-in-law and friend. We all love you!



5 comments:
We've got that ice cream maker, too. Of course, the dairy chronic disease conspiracy theory has prevented me from buying milk/cream in the last several months...so we did an almond milk batch not too long ago. And well, it just wasn't as creamy as ice cream. BUT it was a frozen treat my kids loved.
Happy Birthday to Jared!
wait. you chose XMen over Harry Potter? explain, discuss.
We have used our ice cream maker ONCE. It is an expensive endeavor and very icy. Maybe you should post your recipe.
Looks delicious...
And thanks for the birthday greetings! Love you all too!
We chose X-Men because I am currently reading the books aloud to the kiddos and we are watching wach movie as we finish each book. We are hoping to watch movie 3 this weekend- we just finished the book this morning. I LOVE X-Men movies so I was super excited to see it. Re: Ice Cream recipes- I made chocolate frozen yogurt and strawberry ice cream. The ice cream was life changing. The recipes were from the Cuisinart how-to manual. Come over for some Anna!
Ohhh! I will have to try that machine! Looks yum! How the crap have you been sista? :)
Post a Comment