our family, our food, our fun

Monday, June 20, 2011

Daddy-o

I have been so up and down with my feelings about blogging lately. I don't want to be a silly blogger where everything is AMAZING and PERFECT. I also don't want to be one who says things I know nothing about. And, I don't want to be argumentative, angry, or negative. I am not a great writer (or speaker) so meaningful thought provoking things are out. Lots of ideas are floating around in my head and I don't have the talent to pull them out in a way that is organized and fluid. So they sit there. Until I have the time to go through my recipes and post some really good ones, I have put off blogging some more.

Until now, I have something to say. Finally. Happy Father's Day to the men in my life whom I adore.

Jared M. Allgood is my baby's daddy. He is the father that other fathers should try and be like. Mostly because MJ says he looks like this:
Oh and because he believes in the importance of sacrifice. He is the provider but believes just as important as that role is his responsibility to spend quality time with each of the kids and as a family. He is an example of service and compassion, hard work and integrity. I am so glad that my kids have a dad like Mr. Allgood. They are lucky.

Ray A. Buchanan is my dad. He is a great guy. I think of him fondly from my internal childhood scrapbook as the one who went to work, the one who took us on fun trips during the summer, the one who let us watch movies my mom would have never have allowed in our home, the one who has stories of actually using the sink sprayer to clean my poopy bum and wrapping me in a dish towel for a diaper. That was my dad. Now my dad is one of my dearest friends. A man who is as much of a strength as he is a stinker. I love talking politics with him- just to figure out where the line is and how far I can cross it :). Dad, you have come a long way. There is no other Dad like you. I am so grateful you are papa to my kids. I know you have my back and I love you for it. Thank you for your unconditional love, support and friendship.

In addition to my husband and my dad. My father-in-law, David E. Allgood, has a special place in my heart. He taught my husband many important things about being an adult, a husband, and a father. Dave, I am very grateful for your influence in our family. Thank you!

4 comments:

Jared said...

Thanks Kim, your praise is too much (but not misguided ;-) Love you!

sallgood said...

We are seriously so blessed, aren't we Kim? :D

Kim Allgood said...

seriously, my life is AMAZING! ;) I forgot to mention another one of Jared's PERFECT traits I love is his humility.

Bridget said...

Ha ha. My dad cleans bums in the sink, too...much to our dismay. He's taken up the method once again as he has grandchildren. I find wet wipes not as gross as poo in the sink.