our family, our food, our fun

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

someone had a birthday!

I have a fear of the unknown and also a fear of the scary known. When I thought about having another baby- 2 years and 11 months ago- I thought 4 kids would be overboard. I thought things would get out of control. I thought my house would be unmanageable and my girls would feel the chaos take over and we would live in craziness. I was worried that having a baby would give us more financial and emotional stress, more heartache, more messes. 3 was a lot. 4 was sure to be madness. All of that has been true. When Pedro came into our family, it was emotional, it was expensive, it was chaotic. However, the flip side has also been true. Falling asleep with a baby under your arm is indescribable joy. A baby exploding in laughter for the first time, taking their first steps at 21 months, sleeping through the night, and watching him play with his big sisters- all magic in my book. Peter and his big fat legs are superstars in our house and we are so lucky to have them. :)
Yes please, I'll have some.
Pedro tuckered out while shopping for his birthday presents on his birthday. Yes, he is child number 4.Happy Birthday to you Peter!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a cute birthday boy!!! I want a piece of that cake...yum! Can't wait to see the new 2 year old in just a few weeks!! Love you, Peter! See you all soon!
Love, Nana/Mom

sallgood said...

I posted a comment but it didn't post....so here's another....
We love you Peter, and we think it's pretty wonderful that you are our grandson- YOU are our favorite g-boy!!!XOXO

Brooke said...

Happy birthday, Peter! Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you're having chronic headaches. That makes life difficult and sometimes, un-fun.

monica said...

What a little squeeze. Love him. Happy Birthday!
Kim, thanks so much for you thoughtful comment. It is so nice to know I am not alone. Thanks for passing along your joy.