our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Punky!

It is my nephew's 11th birthday today. I can't believe he is 11. I remember the day he was born. I remember the phone call to the police at Christmas time, he wanted to see what would happen. I remember racing my mom and my sister to his crib when he made a squeak (I usually won). I remember him walking around outside the temple when Jared and I got married. He had the sweetest little legs and cheeks, AND HAIR!

I am so lucky to be your aunt, La'Ray. I feel happy to know you. I feel grateful to be able to watch you grow up. You know that if you need anything, Jared and I are a phone call and a "quick" trip north away. This year, I know you will do great things as an 11 year old!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ummm, that was adorable. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Can we please Skype soon? I can't take it anymore!
p.s. Happy (belated) Birthday, PUNKY!!

Carolyn said...

TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!! :)