our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Viva Mexico! and a week of Salt Lake City area restaurants.

I really wish I could figure out how to make the upside down exclamation points! This August, we hit our ten year anniversary. However 10 years ago on Valentines Day, Jared flew down to Arizona and we began the weekend that got us engaged. If we really want to get down to business, Jared and I started dating in highschool on Valentines Day---15 years ago. I dated some great people for a few years in there but everyone was always compared to Jared. My dear friend Kirsten used to tell me in college at Western- when we would go on long walks and share our boy troubles-, "Kim, Jared will always be the guy". There you have it, he was and he is. So we have some big news! Probably only big to us but you are still reading, I can't leave it hanging now. We are NOT having any more babies but we ARE going to Mexico City and Veracruz in September! Our first mega trip since our honeymoon. I am getting more excited everyday and the excitement is causing a slight bit of sleep deprivation. It's Allgood ;-). These have been the best ten years of my life. I can't wait for the next 10-20-30-40-50 more.

Now for a week of local restaurants....

Sunday-
Carrabas- Best Italian food in Utah in my opinion. Try to convince me otherwise! The marsalas are really great but Jared really likes the seafood pescatore and salmon. You'll be dropping about 15-20$/ entree and you have to be sure and get dessert- Chocolate Dream- it's a dream come true. (We don't do out on Sundays but I wanted you to have all the days of the week covered!)

Monday-
The Red Iguana- The menu is extensive but they are famous for their mole (mole-ay). Try something different because you probably won't be disappointed! 12-18$/entree

Tuesday-
Cedars of Lebanon- Fantastic Lebanese food! They also make homeade fresh chocolate mousse. Normally, I wouldn't drive an hour for mousse but I do for this mousse. 15-20$/entree

Wednesday-
Santa Monica Grill in Highland- Get one of their calzones to share. Yum! 10-12$/entree

Thursday-
Another favorite Mexican restaurant- El Mexiquense in American Fork, UT. It is the most authentic restaurant in Northern Utah County and maybe even all of Utah. You'll like it. 6-10$/entree

Friday-
Z Tejas because of their Grilled Shrimp Tostada Bites appetizer- OR you can find the recipe HERE. Normally I wouldn't suggest a restaurant based on only an appetizer but I am for that appetizer. We love it! 12-18$/entree

Saturday-
The Tree Room up at Sundance. Oh my goodness, best steak I have ever had. Mighty pricey but wow. If you have a company expense account or a rich uncle, go there! 30-40$/entree


and, a new haircut.
Photos and recipes of valentines dinner, coming soon!

4 comments:

Laney said...

I can't believe how fast the last 10 years have gone. I'm glad you'll be going on a fabuloso vacacion to Mexico! I'm just a teeny bit jealous ;) AND Red Iguana is fantastic. I wish we had one here.

mindy said...

I was there! man I love you guys! Mexico won't know what hit it. Who's watching the kids??

Kim Allgood said...

Hey Nena, come on along with us. Flights were cheap from SLC! Wish I saw you more!!!

Mindy, Jared said you were watching the kids. If you don't know about it I guess we'll have Grandma Stephanie watch them ;-)Love you guys!

Laney said...

I'm hoping to email you this weekend. I have been missing you like crazy!! We were trying to make it up over Memorial Day but just can't pull it off. So keep your fingers crossed for Thanksgiving! Love you Dawg!