our family, our food, our fun

Friday, July 9, 2010

Kinda crazy round here.

I was just going to post a few pictures for now but then the idea of posting led from one idea to another to another. Pretty soon the idea of posting the last month became a burden I was not ready to bear. So here I am, pushing a good hearty post off for another week or so. Hoping that your appetite for Allgoodisms will be temporarily satiated.
Here I was making a cake for MJ's birthday party. I had set the bowl of frosting precariously on the edge of the sink and
OF COURSE I bumped it and it spilled ALL OVER me and the rest of the kitchen. Not even my hair was spared. I blame myself entirely- why can't I learn? Why Me? Oh right, I am my father's daughter. (My dad was cooking something on the BBQ yesterday- something wasn't right- the propane tank starts to light on fire- he throws the BBQ in the pool. If you are wondering who I belong to...there's your sign.)
Next we have our trip to the canyon. My mom, sister, sister's 2 kids- punky and nancy, and our family went to have a bbq in the canyon. The river was running too high for playing in it so it was a pretty quick 'up and back' (for fear we might lose children in the current). It was a beautiful day though and I realized how much kids love to be in the forest. There is no place like the canyons when you live in Utah. So much creativity happens there. Thank you canyons!
Auntie Heidi and Peapod
MJ and Rebs hoarding their smoresFudge stripe cookie smores (not traditional but WAY tastier!)My entourage
Have no fear, there is more to come...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of frosting is that? Looks like a fun summer so far.

Bridget said...

I want to see that bbq in the pool! ha ha. Awesome.

Carolyn said...

You ARE your father's daughter for sure! The bbq in the pool was NOT a pretty sight...the propane tank bubbled for quite some time and there was black stuff floating all over the pool!!! I always love going to the canyon...but with 6 kids it was a little challenging. :) Love, Mom

Kim Allgood said...

Anna, it is whipped cream mixed with buttercream, mixed with frozen sugared strawberries that are slightly thawed.I think I could drink it for breakfast.

I hope you got photos of the BBQ! If you did, email them to me and we will do a side-by-side comparison with my kitchen disasters and dads. I think we might be comparable!

Ryan said...

Kim! fun to look at stuff, I found you on erins blog....are you on facebook?

rhonda ashmore
erin's mom!