our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ode to SIX!

MJ, I can't believe today you turned six,
Life keeps getting better since we threw you in the mix.
You are skinny as a twig and you show off your "guns"
When you are around- it's always about fun!
You drop a "yo mama" line out of the blue
You say funny jokes but often I miss your cue...
...Then later when I am lying in bed
I laugh to myself at something earlier you said.

Grocery store lines are a place that with you, I fear
You like to ask "innocent" questions about people very near.
You learned how to blow bubbles and snap and read tough words
You scoff at mean people and you think they are absurd!
I love that you love your friends, you are an example to me.
You are loyal and smart and have an amazing memory.

Your heart is so big and your eyes so blue
Every time I see you, I see something new.
My love for you grows with every joke, every inappropriate question
Every hug, every correction.

You are a special girl. HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY!
I love you! --Mom


2 comments:

mindy said...

happy birthday, sweetie! I love that I know exactly where in your house that picture was taken! (unless you've rearranged. then don't tell me--)

Amberly said...

I can't believe she is 6! Where does the time go? She is a cutie!