our family, our food, our fun

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dia de Memorial

I was so excited for Memorial Day Weekend. To have Jared home on a Monday is bliss! We wanted to kick off the summer hiking season with a good thigh busting hike but because we don't have two backpacking backpacks for the toddlers, we opted for a more tame hike/walk/temple square visit/Red Iguana experience.

Here are the kids at Memorial Grove Park- this is Veteran's memorial park two blocks from downtown SLC that I never knew existed until that morning. It is gorgeous and fitting for Memorial Day. It connects to a canyon called City Creek Canyon that has a nice trail that goes up into the woods. Lovely!
The World War I Memorial with Jared and kidsMJ really wanted her picture taken with the box elder bugUtah State Capitol (where all the extremely conservative- and occasionally CRAZY bills get passed)Me and my ladiesBeautiful DeeOh how I wish this was my yard!Classic "Temple Square Visit" photoJust liked the pictureModel of the Salt Lake Temple- The exterior wall on the other side is cut away so you can see all the rooms inside. Very cool.Gorgeous flowers
The next day, Dee put a tea party together.
I LOVE SUMMER VACATION! Having the kids home just seems right!
This morning I was noticing how nasty my kitchen floor was. The girls wanted to ride their bikes and scooters out in the garage and driveway. I put Peapod out there in his stroller so he could watch. I kept my eye on them from inside. This is what they came up with...


Stay tuned for more recipes and of course the dance festival!

4 comments:

Steph said...

1- we got our engagement pictures at Memory Grove, it's beautiful!
2- I'm glad your kids are wearing their helmets while they ride circles in your garage!

Carolyn said...

What a fun day...wish we could have been there! Loved the parade in the garage...too funny! Can't wait to see you all soon! Love, Mom

Carolyn said...

Is there a limit to how many times a day I can watch this video?????? So darn cute!!!

sallgood said...

There's nothing like kid-created FUN!!

Carolyn, I'm gonna have to get jealous, aren't I? (Hope you have a nice visit) :D