It is Peapods first birthday today. Jared went to go get him from his crib this morning and I got emotional watching him smile and play and kick me in the face. I can't believe it has been a year. The flashback of the last year makes me wonder if I held him for a few more minutes a day if he would be more of a cuddler. I wonder about the boy and man he is going to become and in the world today, that frightens me more than you can imagine. I understand that fear and hope cannot coexist. I apparently need to get a refill on the hope juice. But, for today he could not be a more perfect little baby boy. He doesn't crawl or stand or walk and that makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, he gets heavy but I love that he has his own timing. He is stubborn and I think he gets that from his mom (and that makes me happy too.) Peapod has been a light in our family that we didn't know we were lacking until he joined us.
Pea, I can't believe you are 1. You are so very much fun. I can't believe your hair went blond. I'm thankful we have such a strong bond. Baby Peapod you are 1 and to you I say Happy Birthday little boy, this 13th of May.
Okay, I know that was cheesy but I was in the mood to write a weak sauce ode. Love you Peapod! Hopefully that ode will not be interpreted as a measurement of my love for you.
Peapod's first day home from the hospital with his adoring sis!
Here is the birthday boy, on his birthday- 1 year later!- could he possibly look any more different?
Beautiful little Dee on Mother's Day
For Mother's Day, Jared branched out and made me this amazing salmon, salad, and garlic, feta mashed potatoes. It was amazing. Even though I am not his mother, I appreciate that he hooked me up since our kids aren't old enough to cook on their own quite yet. I love you!
I am so very grateful to be your kids mom!
I am so very grateful to be your kids mom!






1 comment:
It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You're such a great mom and I'm so proud of you for that...and many other things too!!! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment