our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

you're the meaning

So, I copy and pasted these lyrics for the song from a pretty reputable website and the your is supposed to be you're. I chose to leave it in-as is- so I could address this. Every site that came up on my google search had the words listed as "Your"- Nice.

There was a song by Chicago a long time ago called, "Your the Inspiration". The lyrics are some of the cheesiest ever written but whenever I make food I like, do a fun activity with the kids, have a fun date with the husband- those lyrics run through my head. "I wanna have you near me, I wanna have you hear me sayin...no one needs you more than I need you".


I felt that this weekend- it was a great weekend of Stake (not Steak) Conference. Stakes are groups of wards that have a leadership similar to a ward but the Stake Presidency cares for the needs of the entire stake. Wards are smaller units of people- like neighborhood churches that have what is similar to a pastor- called a bishop- and 2 counselors. They work together to meet the needs of the families in their ward. So, back to my weekend. Our stake leaders spoke to us about rescuing individuals we know or know of who are in need. It could be us personally, someone in our family, someone we know in our neighborhood. It could be someone across the country. Someone who may be going through financial difficulties and needs a friend. Someone who may have lost a child or a spouse or friend. This reminder from our stake that we are on a mission on this earth for the Lord to strengthen His children in whatever capacity we are able was a good reminder. We have been sent here to be the Lord's hands. It doesn't matter what church you go to, the reminder is still the same. We can all be God's hands. We can all do his work.

"You should know, everywhere i go your always on my mind, in my heart , in my soul"

Here are some things that inspire the song from Chicago to ring in my ears....

1. Scriptures are inspiring- they deserve a Chicago inspiration rating of 10. (these ones are in Spanish but they lead me to my next one...)
2. Mexican Food (and the language and the people)
3. Sandwich style cookies

4. Baths
5. A clean kitchen in the morning
6. Chipotle Chocolate Chili- YUM. Sounds gross but it is 5 star for chili!
7. Going to Arizona in 2 1/2 weeks!! Can't wait to see you Mom and Dad!
8. Having a house full of extended family
9. Jared
10. Putting the torture chamber on and burning a few calories with Peapod.

THANKS CHICAGO!

You know our love was meant to be

the kind of love that lasts forever

and i want you here with me
from tonight until the end of time

You should know, everywhere i go
your always on my mind, in my heart , in my soul

Baby, Your the meaning in my life
your the inspiration
you bring feeling to my life
your the inspiration
wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin
no one needs you more than I need you

and I know, yes I know that its plain to see
we're so in love when we're together

now I know, that I need you here with me
from tonight until the end of time

You should know, everywhere i go
your always on my mind, in my heart , in my soul

Your the meaning in my life
your the inspiration
you bring feeling to my life
your the inspiration
wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin
no one needs you more than I need you

ohhhoohh

wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin
no one needs you more than I need you

Your the meaning in my life
your the inspiration
you bring feeling to my life
your the inspiration
when you love somebody
till the end of time
when you love somebody
always on my mind
noone needs you more than i
when you love somebody
till the end of time
when you love somebody
always on my mind

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow--that's awesomely sad. I think there is a very large # of educated people who do not know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Those cookies look delish.

mindy said...

wow, I'm never going to listen to that song the same, knowing it's spelled all wrong. How funny!

And I'm always inspired by your love of all things spanish. if you could send some of that my way, I'd really appreciate it!!

AND, nice job on the private blog. You were just faking us all out, trying to get attention, as usual...

love you!

Kim Allgood said...

Thanks Mindy- I was actually just wanting to go private to hide from your hideous comments but then I found out I can censor the comments. I'll have to think seriously think about that. ;-) Love you too!

And Anna, I knew Edna would notice!

Dave Allgood said...

Kim,

Thanks for your wonderful, inspiring posts. Even if I don't always comment, I love reading them. We're glad Jared married you. You're (not to be confused with Your) awesome.

Bridget said...

I didn't realize you were in Utah...I was thinking you were in AZ. Where do you live? Do you want to go to the conference?

Bridget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Hi Kim! Fun blog :) Thanks again for the soup the other night . . . mmmmm! Here are my two blog addresses
stephandmckay.blogspot.com
babythomas33.blogspot.com

Diana said...

I cannot believe the gross injustice of such a grammatical error of "your" versus "you're." It's one of my pet peeves. Great song, though. Your kids are certainly growing up fast and so darn cute.