our family, our food, our fun

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Freakin Awesome!

I'll start by explaining the title of the post. I made Jared 2 blueberry pies for his birthday on July 23rd. Happy 30th Jared. When we dug into the pies that evening, we sang a little birthday ditty and stuffed our faces. About halfway through the face stuffing, Jared commented, "this pie is freaking awesome"- an expression that is fairly common for him to use when eating something I slaved away on. Well, about 3 minutes later we hear MJ say, "yeah, this pie is FREAKIN DELICIOUS." I haven't laughed so hard in a long time- it is funny to hear something so grown up come out of someone so small. So, the following photos are of Jared's freakin awesome birthday party and our freakin awesome hike to Brighton Lakes on Saturday.


Jared turned 30 not 5 but it was the only candle we could find so we made it work- But...by the time we actually lit the candle, the wax had already melted into the pie....YUM!

Jared has eaten more than an entire pie since Thursday (today is Sunday). It was THAT good.



At the trailhead

Nice lady offered to take a family pic. I know, I know- you TOTALLY want my outfit!

The Wildlife

The Scenery

This is the waterfall that we climbed up and back down. Jared called it a little stream but it was DEFINITELY a waterfall!

Jared and Rebs

We liked to call this water feature behind Jared and the girls "Dog Pond"- the name was really Dog Lake but that was kind of laughable.

Princess K was pretty much a rockstar on the trail- so was pea pod- he slept the entire time!

4 comments:

Dave Allgood said...

These are freakin' fun photos of both the party and the hike! We're really glad you guys like to take your family on day hikes.

Dave

Carolyn said...

How come you didn't make any of that freakin' awesome blueberry pie when I was there???????? Glad you enjoyed it, Jared!

Brooke said...

I want that freakin' awesome outfit, Kim. Love it.

Mimi said...

Oooh thirty huh??? Happy birthday Jared!! That means you were like 23 when you were in the bishopric?? CRAZY! You were in the bishopric right? My long term memory stinks, so if not pay no attention to this comment :-)