our family, our food, our fun

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Likely my last night as a mother of 3...

Hello family and friends. I wanted to post a few of my favorite pictures over the past few months because it may be a while before I get around to this again. I wanted you to have something to hold on to and remember us by. Baby brother will probably be here tomorrow some time being delivered via c-section at OC Hospital. Thanks for all your name ideas! We really do love the input (even if we think the names you suggested are hideous ;-) !!
Some photos from Easter-ish

A note to my girls in preparatio
n for our boy...

I have had anxiety for the last nine months over th
is night. The night that I would kiss my girls to sleep and the next day, bring a baby boy into our family. There is no joy like having each of you in my life...


When I brought this "cake" home from our first ever Allgood Baby Boy shower, Princess K, you said this was the most beautiful cake you had ever seen. You girls find the amazement in everything.
Thank you girls for being flexible. This sled was delivered by Santa in February because they were sold out EVERYWHERE around here. I hope flexibilityis a trait you develop because you certainly won't get it from your mom. Sorry.

Please always be best friends. I know that is a tall order but your family will always love you... boys, clothes, and friends will not---- so, be good to eachother.

Thank you for being full of wonder.
MJ, you are the middle kid- and perfectly suited to it. You are beautiful. You are easy going and in your baby blessing, your dad said you would be a peacemaker. I think you are a peacemaker but not in the traditional sense. You make peace by making us all laugh hysterically because you are s stinking funny. You make peace by getting really mad when we don't follow our own rules and you try to restore order. You make peace by getting mom diapers and wipes to change Reb's diaper. You are such an incredible addition to our family and I know you make sacrifices everyday because mom calls you Reb all the time on accident and you tell me, ''it's okay mom". You also looked like you had seen a ghost when we found out we were having a boy. I love that about you. I always know how you feel and I am so grateful you are my daughter.

Princess K, our oldest. Not just the oldest in age but wise beyond your years. Your concern and sensitivity to others has been an example to me. After we had you, our doctor told us he was cautiously optimisitic about your well being because you were so small. Since then, you have become the cautious one. I love your spirit, I love your strength and I love your goodness. I look forward to growing up with you! You are small but you are strong. Thank you for being amazing.

Our baby girl. Even though you hit the terrible twos with a vengeance, your terrible is only bad when you want me to hold you and I can't. You slept through the night from birth, you never cried when you woke up- you just waited patiently for us to come and get you. You didn't walk until you were 18 months because you were content just chillin. I love you more with every day that goes by. Thank you for being you. I couldn't have asked for a more delightful youngest daughter. I adore you Reb.

Here is the reason I have these kids. This guy is amazing. There isn't a better dad on the planet and there isn't a better husband. You Jared encourage me to be my best without asking me for a thing. You make me laugh everyday- even though it is usually at myself. You tell me I am the cutest ever. And what girl after 8 years and 4 kids doesn't want to hear that from someone who actually believes it? I am so thankful for the sacrifices you make for our family. You are a rockstar and I love you and I am so excited to bring another baby home from the hospital with you. I am SERIOUSLY, SO BLESSED!!! ;-)



7 comments:

Burnside Family said...

Kim, that was a beautiful post. I love it, thanks for sharing and you will be an awesome mom of 4. You are an amazing woman and your kids are so lucky to have you.

mindy said...

You are seriously so blessed. so much so that you could be tamn. is it YOU???

good luck tomorrow, girl!

Here's my one piece of advice for the boy: don't go watch the circumcision. You'll see enough just changing those diapers for the next few weeks.

LOVE YOU!!!!

monica said...

i am sure you have already had your little man by now. I hope that everything went well.

you have a beautiful family! your sweetness, wisdom and fabulous smile has definantly been passed on to your little girls.

may your man have all of those qualities and more!

Coleman Family said...

I'm so happy for you! Good luck with everything today - your girls are just darling. I can tell how sweet they are from their cute little pictures. And hooray for good husbands, huh? Again, good luck! I'm sure everything will go just fine!

sallgood said...

Kim, How Totally Blessed (really) I am to have you for a daughter-in-law! And congratulations on the birth of the newest member of the family-Kennedy, Macey, and Rebecca will love (mostly) having a new brother... Thank you for being such a good mom to my grandkids- can't wait to meet Sweet PEA!

Christi said...

Yea- a boy- can't wait to hear all the details!!! It's really weird to throw a boy in the mix- but we love it!! Love you guys!

Tom and Amy said...

Your girls are beautiful! I'm so so glad you got in touch with me! can't wait to see pictures of your little man.