our family, our food, our fun

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here are a couple.

I have been really bad about taking pictures lately. Today was NO exception though my intentions were real. After picking up Kennedy from school in 65 degree weather, we thought...a great day for a trip just us girls to the park. Fantastic! We got all dressed, we packed a bag of snacks and camera and phone and blankets and water bottles and went on our way. As we made the 1/9th of a mile uphill sojourn, we noticed something crazy going on. Oh yes, thats right, TUMBLEWEED EVERYWHERE! There was a mild level 16 tornado happening in our neighborhood at around 3pm. As we went around the bend and the park was in view- it was so windy all 3 girls started weeping and decided it was time to turn around and go home. Kennedy said to me, "mom, you should have checked if it was windy outside". I carried Rebecca in my arms and Macey and Kennedy were walking- shielding their eyes in my skirt when all of a sudden we were attacked by Tumbleweed. Kennedy panicked and kept grabbing it and got splinteries all over her hands- Rebecca was screaming at the top of her lungs (not sure if she was excited or upset), and Macey (who is getting over the flu) was yelling- HOLD ME MOM HOLD ME MOM!! As we got untangled from the tumbleweed, I picked up all my kids and ran home. I'm sure we were a sight- 7 months pregnant carrying three kids through a tornado. Nice. So, since my hands were a bit occupied, I will post a couple photos unrelated to todays event and hopefully we can get some more up here this weekend.

Oh blast, my computer is taking forever to download photos right now so I will sign off with a goodbye from Macey who has influenza. I am the meanest mom ever!


4 comments:

mindy said...

i sure hope in heaven they have videos of moments like these...i'd love to laugh at it with you!

hey, i tagged you the other day on my blog, in case you haven't seen it yet. it's an easy one.

Brooke said...

The picture of Macey is so sad. What a crazy story of what happened to you yesterday. I wonder if your girls will never want to go outside in the wind again.

sallgood said...

What an adventure!! I'd love to have the girls do some drawings of their trip to the park!!!!

(I'm glad everyone survived, hopefully without any lasting wind/tumbleweed trauma...)
LOVE, G-ma Stephanie

Dave Allgood said...

I agree. Ask the girls to draw pictures of the tornado and the Great Tumbleweed Attack. Please tell the girls that not all tumbleweeds are that mean. Some just roll by lazily and keep their splinters to themselves.

Love Grandpa Dave