our family, our food, our fun

Thursday, March 26, 2009

All is well in Lehi.

The last few weeks...

*After Macey's stint with the flu, my mom came into town just a couple of days later. While she was here, we went out to lunch everyday except Sunday (and on Sunday, I made the cafe rio pork salad so it was JUST LIKE eating out. Well, actually it wasn't but because the salad was based on a restaurant salad- we can almost call it eating out.

The girls at Thanksgiving Point.



And here they are at Gardner Village being adorable.

*While she was here, Jared and I went on a hike up to Battlecreek falls and mom had some alone time with the girls- she loves to spoil them and they love to be spoiled- it was a win win for all of us. Mom and I took the girls to Gardner Village, Ikea, Pier 1, Old Navy, Target, Thanksgiving Point. She paid for me to get a real haircut (and not a fake Great Clips one-sorry GC) and highlights- which I am a little worried about because I don't really want to do root repair every month but it's fun to be a blonde again for a few weeks instead of a sink full of dirty dishwater.

*We got the mustard yellow ikea dresser for junior's room. He is coming in 8 weeks! YIKES!

*Kennedy's girl scout troop went to a BYU vs. Utah gymnastics meet and my mom suggested that Jared and I take the big girls, and she stayed home with Rebecca. It was a great idea- Rebecca would have been a NIGHTMARE. But Kennedy and her friends had a wonderful time as did Macey. Utah won by a landslide...it looked like BYU wasn't even trying. Kennedy wants to be a gymnast and with her height, I think the odds are in her favor that she'll be a good one.

-We didn't get photos at the gymnastics event but here's Kennedy's first time at a roller skating rink. She was terrified. I know it's blurry but thats her in the dk. pink shirt out there in the middle.

Did someone say GYMNASTICS! Heres Rebecca doing
'cartwheel'

*Last night for Relief Society, (the women's group for our church) we had a Birthday Party and I made a ganache cake. I didn't take a picture of the cake because at the time I didn't think it was attractive...at all. But, when my lumpy ganache set up, it was quite pretty. I made Barefoot Contessa's Buttercream cake and frosting and then poured a layer of ganache over the top. It was simple looking and tasted like dark chocolate truffles. Her recipe calls for brewed coffee, I didn't think brewed coffee was a good idea considering who would be eating it- I figured Pero was an acceptable substitute. Since I didn't take a picture of that cake, I did throw in a picture of the Flag cake I made for an Eagle Scout Court of Honor a couple months ago- it was also a Barefoot Contessa wonder.


Bobby Flay, I think it's time for a Throwdown! ;-)

*Just had a Dr. Appt this morning with Dr. 'you-should-be-in-our-family' Young. Everything is sounding and looking great with baby. So far he is scheduled to join the family by c-section the day after Memorial Day (mark May 26th on your calendars!)

* I keep thinking of recipes that I have made over the last few weeks and want to add them but I don't have time this minute. Maybe tomorrow. Laundry detergent still works like a charm for us as do our other homemade cleaners. Girls are doing well and healthy. Knock on wood but Kennedy has an immune system of STEEL!

*We are excited to see the Allgood clan for Ryan's graduation next month! Way to go Ryan, you finished before Jared!

7 comments:

sallgood said...

Sounds like you all had a good time with your mom's visit. No, I'm not jealous. Okay, a little...

The MUSTARD DRESSER! I think it's going to be a fun color to work with!!!

Haven't heard any name ideas lately... have you guys decided on one? I told you my art club kids think he should be named Ricardo, so let me know if that's what you've picked- they will be so excited....:)

Kim Allgood said...

It was great to see her. We hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving so it was nice to spend some time with her before our lives are turned upside down by a BOY!:-)

We love the mustard dresser! It is all filled up with clothes and cute stuff. No new name ideas have been discussed. Jared thinks David, I think Evan, or Isaac and Ricardo is definitely the back up :-)

We are looking forward to your visit!

mindy said...

Love the dresser, very cute. and I can't believe how much your girls look like you.

you're a great mom. hang in there, 4 is WILD.

julie said...

Your girls are cute! I can't wait to see pictures of your little boy, and I wish I was there to sample some of your cakes - wow!

Amberly said...

I miss Thanksgiving Point. Especially the tulips that will be blooming soon. Very cute.

Carolyn said...

The pictures bring back such great memories of fun times with the girls! Can't wait to see you all again when Jr. arrives!

Ricardo....hmmmmm....hadn't thought of that name. :)

Love you all!

Ron and Hillary Dummar said...

This cake is awesome! I can't think of a better cook who could take down Bobby Flay! You go girl!