My favorite brownies- they take a bit longer than the cheap boxed version but oh, they are worth it. And, they are frosted! What could be better? I am making them tonight- I will post a picture tomorrow.
*Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray or grease.
*In a med-large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening, 4 T. Cocoa, 1 cup water
*Stir and mix until boiling- remove from heat.
*Add 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. soda- mix well.
Pour into pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
While they are baking, in medium saucepan, make the icing. Melt 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), 4 T. cocoa, 6 T. milk- Bring to boil then remove from heat. Add 1 box of powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour over warm brownies. Enjoy.
-Sprinkle chopped walnuts or powdered sugar over the top (optional).
*Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray or grease.
*In a med-large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening, 4 T. Cocoa, 1 cup water
*Stir and mix until boiling- remove from heat.
*Add 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. soda- mix well.
Pour into pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
While they are baking, in medium saucepan, make the icing. Melt 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), 4 T. cocoa, 6 T. milk- Bring to boil then remove from heat. Add 1 box of powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour over warm brownies. Enjoy.
-Sprinkle chopped walnuts or powdered sugar over the top (optional).



3 comments:
Yeah, welcome to the blogging world- I new too and can't seem to figure much out! I love seeing the girls, they are too cute!!! Can't wait to be able to see your family from afar! Love you!
Kim, Your girls smiles are contagious. I can't wait to read more.
Love, Monica
Hi.The recipe sounds yummy but I'm TRYING to be good!!
Give the girls hugs and kisses from G-ma Stephanie!
Post a Comment