our family, our food, our fun

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dangit Tomato Soup

I call this tomato soup, "Dangit" because I had several messy mishaps while making it. I'm sure nobody is surprised! It is the recipe that they serve at a restaurant near our house. 5 stars! Oh, another reason I call it "Dangit" is because I was supposed to take a picture of it to put up here and we ate it all before I got the picture taken- Dangit! Next time I make it, I will make sure to post a picture.

Tomato Basil Soup- from the Thanksgiving Point "Trellis Cafe"

1 small chopped white onion
2-4 T. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil (season to taste)
20 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. chicken base

cook tomatoes and onions in saucepan with 1 tsp. olive oil for 6-8 minutes over medium-high heat. Add spices and puree
Add milk, cream & chicken base
add salt to taste
simmer until ideal consistency- we served with crusty bread and salad greens. Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

patpoyfair said...

Hi Kim.

Great soup recipe.

Can you include us in your blog list?

:)

Karli

mindy said...

sounds delicious...can you come over and make it for me??

miss you!!

Brooke said...

This is my favorite soup, but I'm the only one in our home who likes it.