our family, our food, our fun

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hooray for the 33 miners in Chile!

Stories like this make me realize how great it is to be alive today. Had I been born 200 years ago, those men under ground would be dead. The 29th miner has just been rescued as I write this. What an amazing thing. This is a miracle. For those of you who don't believe in them, well this is one. My moderate political heart is pounding with with excitement for these men and their families. Yes there have been tears as I have checked in on Chile throughout the day. It is a miracle people were given the ability to figure this rescue out. This is a miracle because the miners are alive. If you are with God or without Him, whether you believe in the divine and miraculous or believe it is all chance- this is freaking amazing. Bless you Chileans- I hope to visit you someday traveling through Chile on a bicycle.

Richard Villarroel was greeted by his sister and mother.



http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/13/chile-second-half-rescues/?hpt=T1

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

How wonderful to have some good news in our troubled world...what an amazing miracle!!!! So thrilled for the miners and their families!!!!

sallgood said...

I love it when we work together for the good of others!! Yeah for the doers of the world!