So, I know people don't have it great all the time. I recognize people are in need all over the globe. I worry about the world our children are inheriting. I stress over the idea that I am not doing enough for my kids and for my fellow man. I have nightmares about war and global climate change and the energy crisis. And then, I look at my kids.
Kids are really good at coloring hope on a brown mountainside. They are good at dancing joy in the snow. They sing hope to the sky. They plaster serenity on the soul and I can't help but be moved by their example. This longest post ever includes some snapshots of the last few weeks of our autumn fun and they have reminded me that the pressing needs of the world can't be solved by my worry so it's better to find joy.
"This is the Place" Heritage Park- 10.16.2009
Kids are really good at coloring hope on a brown mountainside. They are good at dancing joy in the snow. They sing hope to the sky. They plaster serenity on the soul and I can't help but be moved by their example. This longest post ever includes some snapshots of the last few weeks of our autumn fun and they have reminded me that the pressing needs of the world can't be solved by my worry so it's better to find joy.
"This is the Place" Heritage Park- 10.16.2009
















Picnic at Heritage Park- This park is the place where the first Pioneers in Utah converged on the Salt Lake Valley. Many of the homes and buildings are original structures from the 1840's. I find it remarkable that we were touching the same wood that men and women from the 1840's- sweated, cried and rejoiced over.
Last Saturday we took the kids to a donut party in Provo and then we drove through American Fork Canyon on the way home...LOVEBIRDS!


Fascinating animals at the zoo...











"Aunt" Sheryl with MJ at Grandparents Day- since we don't have any grandparents close Aunt Sheryl was a great stand-in






















8 comments:
We loved the longest post eva' and wish we could have been there for Grandparents Day.
Love, Dave and Stephanie
Hmmmm...looks like you guys had great time, thanks for inviting me to the park ;-)
beautiful!! I love the lovebirds in the van picture--
So - Now you've made me TOTALLY LONESOME for those adorable grandchildren!!!! The pictures are awesome...thanks for sharing!
Love, Mom/Nana
Ha ha! I love that this is the longest post for you ever, and it's not even the length of one of my normal ones! I just have too many pictures to put up all the time I guess! I loved seeing all of yours though, that heritage park place is amazing, I'm sad we never went there when we had the chance. I would also LOVE to do a photo shoot there! It's so great to see what you've been up to, and finally get a big bunch of pictures of your kids! They are adorable!!!
When are you in Utah next Amber? Let me know! Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. The girls love it when I read to them all the lovely things you say. We miss you all!
Great photos!
I have the most adorable neices and nephew in the whole wide world! Kennedy's hair is getting so long! And Macey looks like she must be a great student at kindergarten. I can't believe she is old enough for that! Rebecca's hair is looking long too...and I just love all of her expressions. And Peter looks different every time I see him! I can't stand being so far away! Tell them to stop growing up or to come and visit NYC RIGHT NOW!!!
-Kate
Post a Comment